JOIN THE ELF ARMY
Be an Elf Ltd is established to be a not for profit, whose purpose is to relieve poverty and to build equal opportunity for children in Australia. We are non denominational and assist children of all races, colours, sexes and creeds, with a special emphasis on poorer children from significantly disadvantaged minorities, for example; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children.
Our mission year round is to help transform lives by meeting basic human needs- food, clothing, housing, education and counselling, in addition giving ‘at risk’ young people and their families, a sense of purpose and emotional support.
Our volunteers are out there every week seeking to make a difference!
Be An Elf Ltd assists disadvantaged children by following the charitable purposes below:
- Distributing public and private donations through Annual appeals to children, who are either disadvantaged, homeless or ‘at risk’ of becoming homeless.
- Providing outreach services to children who are either disadvantaged, homeless or ‘at risk’ of becoming homeless, by distributing benevolent aid to the children, depending on their needs. The items we provide cater for the children’s physical and emotional well being and are not limited to food, clothing, bedding, toys, hygienic products and educational resources.
- Collaborating with other welfare organisations and agencies to give support and comfort to children who may be living on the streets, in insecure housing, in foster care or challenging domestic environments.
- Developing and providing specialist support schemes for children, who are either disadvantaged, homeless or ‘at risk’ of becoming homeless and incidentally their families. We aim to engage and mentor children and youth for the purpose of building and redeeming relationships, as well as providing comfort and support.
- Running artisan workshops, using environmentally and socially responsible materials and practices, to teach children who are disadvantaged and vulnerable and who are either homeless or ‘at risk’ of homelessness , how to make their own products, which increases their feeling of self worth and reintegrates them back into the community, in addition to giving them practical skills.
- Investing in the lives of children, who are either disadvantaged, homeless or ‘at risk’ of becoming homeless, by developing and organising community programs, which promote a combination of the arts, science, health, sports and the environment.
- Creating economic opportunity in communities, by generating jobs for children who are either disadvantaged, homeless or ‘at risk’ of becoming homeless, which will reintegrate them back into society and prevent social isolation, criminality, drug dependence and alienation.
If you would like to volunteer to help this year, we certainly would appreciate your help.